As the traffic light system and phases are changing now that Covid is in our community once again, we wanted to update you on how the clinic will be managing this.
Please be prepared for possible last minute rescheduling of your appointments as we navigate these challenging times.
Please read below for the check in procedures.
Upon checking into the clinic please follow the below procedures;
You must wear a mask.
Scan in using the Covid tracer app.
Hand sanitise on the way in and on the way out.
Answer “no” to the following questions:
– Do you or a member of your household have Covid-19 or are awaiting test results?
– Have you been asked to self-isolate?
– Do you have any cold or flu like symptoms?
If you answer “yes” to any of the above questions, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
We appreciate your patience and apologies for any inconveniences.
The team at MBO.
Wellington will be dropping to Covid level 2 at 11:59pm on 7/9/21. All appointments booked from Wednesday 8/9/21 onwards will proceed as normal. Please wear a mask and sign in on entry. If your appointment was cancelled due to the Covid lockdown, we will be in contact to reschedule. We want to make sure that everyone is safe and this means we will not be able to see as many patients as beforehand, as we want to be meticulous with our protocols. We are following the Dental Council of New Zealand level 2 protocols. We will also be extra hours (and days) to see everyone, so please be patient. Don’t worry, your braces will keep working. If you have a broken bracket or retainer, please contact us prior to the appointment. The easiest way to contact us is by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are feeling unwell, please rebook. Please attend the appointment alone. If you are a new patient and need a support person, please limit this to just one person.
All of us at MBO hope you are staying safe. We are unfortunately not permitted to see our patients at level 3 or 4. When we are advised by the Ministry of Health that we are able to see patients, we will be contacting you regarding your new appointment (in level 2). Don’t worry, the braces will keep working.
What does this mean for your orthodontic visit?
The alert level 1 guidelines for oral health treatment are very similar to the guidelines that applied at level 2. The reason for this is that there is still a global pandemic going on, and there remains a concern about a potential second wave and asymptomatic transmission requires heightened measures in dental and orthodontic practices to limit transmission under alert level 1. This means that when you come to see us we are still required to keep you and our staff as safe as possible.
Prior to your appointment if you answer “Yes” to any of these questions please contact us and we will reschedule your appointment.
- Do you suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19, have a slight cold, runny nose, fever or are feeling unwell?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 or has returned from overseas in the last 14 days?
When you arrive:
- Please ensure you use the hand sanitizer provided at the practice when you enter and leave.
- Please ensure that you arrive on time for your appointment but not too early to limit numbers of people in the waiting room.
- Please attend the appointment alone without a support person if possible. If you do need to bring a support person with you we ask that you limit it to one support person per patient.
Thank you so much for your patience and assistance in these times.
The team at MBO